New but short...

It's Thursday night, the weekend is near (not that it matters that much to a new mom on maternity leave but...) I just realized that this is the last day of January ALREADY!!!
My time is no longer my own as my 8 month old son has made it his business to keep me occupied every single minute of my waking days, and when he doesn't, his dad does ;)
Just the same, as I try to do every "new year", there are things, or at the very least one thing, that I set out to start, continue or do before the year is up. In 2013 I have decided to take on the biggest (next to having a kid) venture ever. I've talked about starting my own business, done plan after plan, changed the plan over and again, and this time, it's gonna happen. I'm going to open a yoga studio.
Tonight I picked up "The Power of Small" by Linda Kaplan Thaler and Robin Koval as a wee night time reading and remembered that I was supposed to write in my blog at least once per month starting in January. Being less than three hours away from February I hopped out of bed and came to my computer (something I do far less these days than I can recall). Now, the book is not about getting up and go go go or about starting a business, rather it discusses the importance of "why little gestures and things make all the difference". The fact that it was a gentle connection to needing to write, albeit a short and sweet, entry here and stay true to my committement as a blogger was perfect.
In it's weird sort of way, this ties in to the bigger picture of my business. How? In order to want to achieve great things, one must start with a first step. A small step. Thanks Linda and Robin!

Comments

Popular Posts