Feel it all (just not all at once)!

A whole year again. I feel like saying that a year has been as eventful as a whole minute, or a whole week. Time is simply so relative. I quit saying the famous expression "oh how time flies" or "where did the time go?" because "time" is filed with so much. So MUCH!!! I have positive, negative and just plain Meh! moments every minute of the day. Of course there will be days, or maybe weeks, that will go by and I won't post anything on my blog, but That's Life!!

I do love life! No matter how complex, mundane, or difficult. Ok, it would be nice to have less difficulty in one's every day, however is it not this that make us more grateful for the precious moments? You know the ones. Like walking to work with the sun shining instead of it pouring rain all over your freshly packed lunch. Like tasting a juicy summer strawberry. Like finding that vinyl you've been looking for. Like a great big ol' hug from a friend you haven't seen in a long long time. Like hearing a child laugh. Like dancing at the best concert of your life. Like soaking your toes in a blue clean lake. Like getting all of your house chores done before the weekend starts. I'll stop here, I think you get what I mean.

I recently closed a business. It was a choice to close, and a consequence to live with. Having my yoga studio will always have lessons from which I will be able to draw from for the rest of my life though, and I do strongly believe now that the entrepreneurial gene does exist within me. Running your own ship is pretty cool. But you need a deck crew. Without it your ship is gonna sink. You need wind, and waves. You need a destination, otherwise you will wander in open waters for... well... ever. My goals were to open a studio, have people come and do yoga and then.... once I was open and people started to come, I didn't know where I was going. I hadn't chosen my destination beyond this point. So I closed. Why? Why didn't I simply make a draft of where I was going? I did. I had many days and meditations to guide me. The answer was to close. Just because you start something, doesn't always mean you are the one that needs to finish it. This is the beauty of sharing all this "time" and space with a whole world, never mind a whole Universe. When you feel something, some call it gut instinct, others intuition, but ultimately when you feel something in your heart, it feels great to honour that feeling. That's all it is. A feeling. We have so many of them every minute of the day. Some of these don't always say what we think we want to hear, so we run from them, hide some of them, suppress others of them. Trusting what it is that you feel is the most amazing way to be. Take each moment, each feeling, and allow yourself to listen, to feel. I only recommend that you savour each one as though it was a bite of your most favourite desert, instead of trying to eat the whole thing all at once.

Comments

Popular Posts