Vision Boarding Redefined.

Vision Books Bring Life and Excitement

My first Vision Boards, I had three of them (3 is a reoccurring number in my life, trilogy perfection), anyway, three different boards that I made using kids craft presentation board, a glue stick, a stack of old magazines, and some big dreams.
My three boards had titles 1) Education 2) Financial 3) Love and Romance

On Board ONE I hand drew a certificate/diploma and made it out to look like one presented from my institution, Athabasca University. I drafted my name and the program I was enrolled in at the time which was Psychology, and I added images of books and classrooms and of course a bright sunshine, which is where I loved to sit while doing all the reading and work.

On Board TWO I had pictures of $100 bills and I had taken an old Bank Statement and crossed out the minus balance and wrote in $100,000 (I should have put more lol), and a couple of images of things I’d like to own, a nice bright home, cool furniture.

On Board THREE was a little embarrassing (at the time I thought this) but I had taken a picture of Brad and Angelina in a “wedding” type shot and actually cut a picture of my face and glued it on top of Angelina’s face. I knew I wanted to be in a committed relationship with a man and have a couple of kids. I also had pictures of an older couple dancing together having fun, meaning this relationship was fun and for life!

Accidentally a few months ago I threw out these beauties by accident when I was doing some major decluttering (Mari Kondo style), and I was sort of sad but in fact I didn’t need them anymore because everything on the boards had come true. The boards would have remained a good reminder of the things I had made happen in my life, but I’m also a realist, I know I create my own reality and things do come and go. I had even come to realize this when I started Vision Booking. Based on the same concept as Vision Boards, I found this format so much easier to have with me all the time, at my bedside table, in my purse. It was also a way for me to keep adding things that I felt were in the moment, besides, working on my book was fun and relaxing. I am also a believer in the quote “the only constant is change”, so sometimes my dreams or aspirations can change as new things are being presented and new life events unfold. Understandably if you're always changing your mind on what it is you want you’ll never get anywhere, but it is important to remember to listen to your heart and to the messages the Universe has for you. You might think you have it all figured out, you know, what you’re here to do in life on this planet, but if you’ve got it all figured out, this might mean ego has a bigger piece of you than you think. Just calling it as I see it. The bottom line is to remain open, because the Universe (that means all of us interconnected in a vast super massive limitless space) has changing plans every millisecond. Our role might change ever so slightly with one shift of events on the other side of the globe. So stay tuned in to these messages, stay mindful of how you are feeling about how certain things please you or upset you. Staying connected to your essence, or True Self, is a gift you give to yourself. 

Back to creating. When I get ready to do some visionary work in my book, I sort of do the opposite of what is popular. Often you hear, "start with an intention, make up key words that speak to you (this one I occasionally have exceptions for), seek out images of things you want". It’s the “want” part that may confuse some people. Yes, we’d all probably love fancy vacations, mansions and whatever else requires millions of dollars, but what is in your heart is so much more priceless. So when I am about to start to got through magazines, I take six long deep breaths, often while placing my hand on my heart, and I focus on breathing through my heart. Ya, sounds cheesy, but just go ahead and try it. Then while trying to keep my mind as blank and empty as possible I flip the pages, pretty quickly, just taking in the visuals and/or words. If anything jumps out at me I rip it out. If I even pause for an extra second longer than my usual flip, I rip it out! Without asking why or if it’s something I actually like. Weeding out happens later. This part is fun, it’s spontaneous, it’s done from a place where your thoughts are not dictating for you what you “should or shouldn’t” be or want to become. This is why my vision book pages are filled with simply stuff that speaks to my heart. Images that represent feeling, deeply felt sensations within me that I might not even know the full answers to. It’s almost like a meditation for me in a way, and less of a “wish list” per say. I listen to what it is that speaks to me. It’s true, not all pictures captured by photographers or journalists will have this much profound impact on you nor will the whole big picture be there, but the joy is in the creating, the piecing it together like a puzzle. An unfolding of a good story book or movie, this is your life, and it’s yours to fully experience.
Once I have cleared out a couple or a few magazines I put them aside and start weeding through the pages. I sort by colour or shape or feeling. I cut out only the relevant pieces that speak to me. Then, with a glue stick I start to apply these to the pages of my book. I don't always get through everything. Sometimes I only do one page. I like to take my time. I find myself staring at the page for a little bit to see how it's saying something. It's different every time I complete a page too. Before I retire, I like to flip through all my pages and sometimes see things that have already come to fruition, and some pages still lead me to day dream for a little while. I typically feel pretty comfortable and focused after doing this.


Doing a vision book is not a new idea, nor is it revolutionary in it’s concept, but doing it this way will hopefully give you some enjoyment, a sense of comfort when you peruse the pages of your life novel (anytime is recommended), and also give you a place to feel like there is magic in your life. It’s only one piece of all the cool things you can do in your day and this, like many others, will hopefully add value to your life.



If you'd like to experience Vision Booking with me, in the flesh or online, feel free to contact me. Post a message below or feel free to visit my website for more information.
http://www.ankhyoga.com/index.html


Comments

Popular Posts