The End

Twelve days ago I started a cleanse. My body just told me it was time. I was starting to feel sluggish,  slow and sometimes the caffeine/sugar jitters got the best of me (or shall I say my mood). Anyway, I used to do a cleanse every spring and it had been a number of years since I had put myself through this food restriction type diet and thought doing it would be great. Remembering the wonderful effects of higher energy levels, clean looking skin and a slightly "svelter" me served as inspiration. I walked down to the health food store and picked up a "cleansing kit" that works for me, got home to read about all the tasty food I'd be experimenting with and then set back out to pick up my supplies.
Day one: Horrible, cravings, tired. Day two: same. Despite the side effects, there was something nice about acknowledging what was happening. By mid cleanse I was truly enjoying my brown rice bowls filled with veggies, salads that were more like art than a typical meal, soy berry shakes, fresh fish, and my new addiction, almond butter. Other than my frequent trips to the loo, I had overcome the darker feelings that can often occur when doing a cleanse. Today was the last day and I couldn't be more thrilled. For the last couple of days I've been drooling over the pickles in the fridge. The body is a machine and it needs to be properly taken care of, so not to worry, I won't be undoing all the good that the last twelve days has given me, but there is certainly something to be said about letting yourself have some of the things you really enjoy, otherwise it wouldn't be as fun to work hard for them.

Comments

Popular Posts