Healthy Comeback

After a short break from blogging, due mainly to the busy holiday season just passed and returning to work full time, I am so happy to finally post something on my blog.

There have been several opportunities that would have been quite fitting to talk about like "taking it easy during the Xmas break", "eating with moderation and consideration during the month of December", "making new plans for the new year", etc etc. however I simply didn't find myself able to do most of these things myself. Therefore, I live fully in the moment and do not look back on what I could have done but rather enjoy where I stand today.

I have been most impressed with my ability to let things "slide" a bit in the last few weeks also. Things like laundry, dusting and various other chores, have become secondary concerns and instead I've been enjoying some down time, going to bed early, having short after-dinner walks and spending time with someone very special. It's amazing how doing so little has kept me strong enough to fight off the nasty cold or bug or whatever it is that's going around and hitting so many people I know over the head with a two tone brick. Maybe I shouldn't talk too quickly but I am pretty sure that there is a strong link between taking it easy and being healthy. Now there is a difference between being lazy and not over doing it though. So, I will say that I've still been going into work, attending a few appointments and I do continue to do groceries and wear clean socks. What I meant was that rather than always looking around to see what needs to be done, I have been enjoying not doing things that are not so crucial.

I suppose it's ok to be open about the fact that I have a bit of an obsessive compulsive character (in the past anyhow I did), so to take on this new attitude is sort of refreshing and I'm feeling good about it. Who knows if this will last or if it's just a phase. For now, I enjoy being relaxed without a stuffy runny nose or fever and doing winter the way the bears do, hibernating, despite the lack of snow here in Toronto.

Comments

Popular Posts