You're stronger than you think

Last weekend I did my first day of White Tantric Yoga. It was held in Toronto at the Church of Holy Trinity (Here's a little history on the site http://www.holytrinitytoronto.org/wp/about/a-very-brief-history/) and it was a very incredible day.
White Tantric creates a "cloth" woven of people and their meditation. They, as a group sitting in rows of partners, similar to square dancing lines back to back, create a powerful energy that makes a Z form of electromagnetic energy and aids to eliminate or cut through blocks that are in the subconscious mind.
(For more info http://www.whitetantricyoga.com/?q=taxonomy/term/20)
Needless to say, this is a very powerful one day workshop that will have a very different effect on every individual as no two people are the same, and since this workshop only takes place in one city in the entire world at a time, usually comprising upwards of 200 people, its effects are quite concentrated and highly effective.
The main challenge, which I thought for me would be completely physical, was the ability to focus the mind, keeping focused and hopefully experiencing the highest level of meditation state that one is able to achieve. Don't get me wrong, being able to sit with your legs crossed for 31 minutes or 2 plus hours without moving at all is very challenging, but the key is in your mind.
I learned in that workshop that I am much stronger than I thought. I know that my physical strength is pretty decent, but now I have even more faith in my physical ability simply because my mind helps with that far more than I attributed.
You know television shows like "Biggest Loser" or main sporting events like the Olympics, I now have more reason to believe that all these great accomplishments by people happen because of the mind. Essentially, because of my experience to do something that I thought might be impossible, I now have a more "Matrix" kind of attitude towards life. To break it down, my block of thinking that I couldn't succeed at certain things has been removed. It's not to say that everything from here on end will be totally rosy or easy (or that I can juggle bowling balls) but at least now I can draw from my White Tantric experience if and whenever times present new challenges.
It's not completely a mind-over-matter type of thing either, and even though several studies try to prove that our minds/brains control the entire physical being, all I'm saying is that I wish to share my personal view that each person is "in charge" for lack of a better term or stronger than they think, over how a situation, exercise or demand plays out through focus and endurance, despite what signals the brain might be giving off.
During the workshop, my brain kept saying, "ouch my back" "hey, you can't sit for that long, your doctor said so" and "is this ever going to end?" as well as it making my fingers and toes so numb that I even went to bed that night with my left foot still asleep. Today, looking back, after the day came and went, I did it! I did it.

Comments

  1. That was a great post isabelle..so true about letting go. Your post reminded me about the one & only time i ever let myself (my mind) go at the end of a yoga class. It was true bliss! & i'll never forget it

    elvira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elvira! I'm sure doing this type of yoga workshop will come again in my life (it does take place once a year in Toronto), and I got many different things from it.
    I hope your practice is still going strong and am grateful for your visit :)
    Sat Nam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts